Visa immigration

Our team has a legal background in Canada and China, and is familiar with the relevant affairs requirements and procedures of the two countries, and is your first choice for handling this type of business.

Tourist visa

Immigration Complaint

Study and work visa

family reunion immigration

Economic and technical immigration

fall, park, bench-4641619.jpg

Tourist visa

Foreign nationals who wish to come to Canada for tourism, family visits or business visits often need to apply for a visitor visa (Visitor Visas). Under Canadian law, applicants need to demonstrate their willingness and ability to leave Canada on time after the visa expires. At the same time, work and study activities will be restricted while in Canada. The visitor visa is generally valid with the applicant's passport, and multiple entries are allowed during the period, and the duration of each stay does not exceed six months.

Among them , the Super Visa ( Super Visa ) is a temporary resident visa specially designed for the parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to visit Canada. Starting from July 4, 2022, those who hold a super family visit visa can travel in Canada. Stay up to seven consecutive years.

We have professional immigration consultants and lawyers who can help you to apply for this type of visa smoothly.

Study and work visa

In addition to a Temporary Resident Visa (“TRV”), those who come to Canada legally to study or work are required to hold a Study Permit (“Study Permit”) or a Work Permit (“Work Permit”).

A study permit allows the holder to work off campus for a certain number of hours outside of school hours. At the same time, their accompanying spouse and children will be granted permission to work and study in Canada. Obtaining a study permit often involves the following steps:

  • Be admitted to a school that is officially recognized by Canada as accepting international students. These schools are known as designated learning institutions ("DLIs"), and the full list of DLIs can be found here .
  • Provide proof of assets, including at least the first year's tuition and living expenses of at least CAD 10,000 (CAD 11,000 in Quebec).
  • Other personal information, including police clearance certificates, medical examinations, and biometric information (fingerprints and photos)
  • After the application is approved, the applicant will receive a letter of introduction from the Canadian government. When entering Canada, the applicant will issue this letter of introduction to the immigration officer in exchange for a study permit.

Work permits are divided into open work permits and work permits for designated employers. The former allows the license holder to work for any employer in Canada during the validity period of the license, while the latter can only perform specific jobs for a specific employer and cannot be changed arbitrarily. Open work permits mainly include Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and Open Spousal Work Permit (OSWP). The former is aimed at international students graduating from Canadian public colleges or universities. Depending on the length of the schooling system, the work permit will last from 8 months to 3 years. The latter is for spouses of people on study or work visas.
For details, please consult our immigration consultants.

a book, read, literature-5077895.jpg
2. immigration picture

Family reunion immigration

Canadian citizens and permanent residents ("sponsors") can sponsor eligible family members to become permanent residents of Canada.
Family reunification immigration includes the following categories:

  • Spouse: A partner legally married in accordance with the place where the marriage was concluded and under the laws of Canada;
  • Common-law partners in the sense of common law: partners who live together for 12 consecutive months need to provide materials to prove the common-law relationship;
  • De facto partner: a partner who cannot marry or cohabit because of external forces (such as religion, the country’s prohibition on same-sex relationships), and the partnership needs to continue for more than 1 year;
  • Grandparents, maternal grandparents: the guarantor needs to meet the corresponding income requirements;
  • Dependent children: can be biological or adopted children, generally under the age of 22, unless they cannot be self-sufficient due to physical or mental conditions;
  • Other relatives: including relatives orphans and "guarantors of orphans and widows".

To become a guarantor you need to meet the following conditions:

  • Be at least 18 years old;
  • be a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident in Canada at the time of application; and
  • Have sufficient financial strength to support the basic living needs of yourself and the guarantor, and are not in a state of receiving social assistance.

Economic and technical immigration

Canada welcomes people with work experience, self-employed and entrepreneurs from all over the world to immigrate to Canada for the common economic development of the country and individuals. There are many types and application methods for economic immigration without the need for others to guarantee, mainly including:

  • Express Entry ("EE"): consists of Federal Skilled Worker ("FSW"), Canadian Experience Class ("CEC") and Federal Skilled Trades ("FST") ). The first two are mainly aimed at people whose occupations are under the 0, A or B categories in the National Occupation Classification ("NOC") and who have the corresponding English proficiency. FSW can accept applicants with all work experience outside Canada, while CEC requires applicants to have at least one year of work experience in Canada. FST is aimed at people who have at least two years of full-time work experience in different skilled trades (such as electricians, carpenters, auto mechanics, cooks, etc.), and who have obtained a valid job opportunity in Canada or a tradesman certificate issued by the provincial government.
  • Provincial Nominee Programs ("PNP"): According to the different immigration needs of each province, each province can nominate its selected applicants according to different criteria, and the nominated applicants can immigrate to Canada through various provincial channels, or An additional 600 points are provided for applicants who have already submitted an EE application.
  • Entrepreneur Immigration: For those who want to start a business in Canada, up to 5 business partners can apply together.
  • Self-employed immigration: for professionals with more than 2 years of self-employment experience or world-class outstanding performance in the arts and sports fields
  • Others: such as care worker immigration or nanny immigration, etc.
seagulls, formation, flag-540791.jpg

Immigration Complaint

If the applicant's visa or immigration application is unfortunately refused, the applicant can choose:

  1. Appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (“IAD”) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada ( “IAD”)

If the applicant's situation is about:

  • Immigrant sponsorship of overseas relatives was refused
  • Failure to meet permanent resident residency requirements
  • eviction order

The law gives applicants the right to appeal to the department.

Both Canadian licensed immigration consultants and lawyers can represent clients' cases at IAD.

  1. File a Judicial Review with the Federal Court of Canada

In more cases, such as family visit, work or study visa refusal or domestic sponsored immigration refusal, the applicant cannot appeal through the IAD, and the dispute needs to be directly submitted to the federal court, and the judge of the federal court decides whether to accept the case or not , and then make a judgment as to whether the visa officer or immigration officer applied the correct law, was based on accurate facts, and whether his decision was manifestly unreasonable.
Our attorneys can represent clients in federal court to initiate judicial review.

hammer, books, law-719066.jpg

Operating Hours

Monday to Friday: 9 AM- 5 PM

Office Address

Wesbrook Village at UBC
3462 Ross Dr, Vancouver,
BC Canada V6S 0H6

Telephone & Fax

Tel: 236-983-9000

Fax: 604-373-0688


Scroll to Top